The place de la Republique is a very lively area of Paris and is currently being redesigned to give more space for greenery and pedestrians.
One of the symbols of the 3rd district of Paris is the Marché des Enfants Rouges, which is appreciated by all inhabitants and people working in the neighbourhood. It is the also the oldest market of Paris. With a Paris apartment rental near the rue de Bretagne, you will enjoy a village atmosphere in the heart of Paris.
Organize your holidays in the 3rd district of Paris
The 3rd arrondissement: an amazing district to stay
Located on the Seine River right bank, the 3rd arrondissement is a residential area. With both a traditional and modern architecture (big streets, lanes and charming alleys) it is one of the best place to live in Paris.
More than 36000 people live in the 3rd arrondissement which is a place of culture, tradition, 'avant-gardism' with a huge number of wonderful private mansions, art galleries and museums.
Famous for its true community spirit, it is the district where the Ashkenazi Jews first settled before the Chinese community and the Gay community in the late 80's.
Renting an apartment in the 3rd arrondissement: a vibrant area
Top things to do and places to visit in the 3rd arrondissement:
- Arts et Métiers and the Théâtre Déjazet (theater) which accommodates historic ancient frescoes.
- The Marais neighborhood which accommodates the Place des Vosges (the oldest Place of Paris) and traditional buildings with slate roofs.
- Sumptuous Private mansions: The Hôtel de Rohan and the Hôtel de Soubise in Rue des Francs-Bourgeois.
- Beautiful Churches: the Saint-Nicolas-des-Champs Church in Rue Saint-Martin and Sainte-Elisabeth-de-Hongrie Church in Rue du Temple.
The 3rd arrondissement also accommodates many parks, gardens and beautiful picturesque 'passages' such as: The Passage Vendôme located between the Place de la République and Rue Béranger and the Passage de l'Ancre linking Rue Saint-Martin to Rue de Turbigo.
- The Centre Beaubourg (Centre Pompidou)
- The Atelier Hideout, 'le Tango' (la Boîte à Frissons, a club for gays and lesbians), 'le Dépôt' and many others which are night clubs you can go to when you feel like celebrating! They often organize events!
The 3rd arrondissement is the perfect district if you want to fully enjoy the city and become acclimated to daily life in Paris. Rent your apartment now!